Our mission is to deliver compelling banking solutions that advance the goals of our clients; promote the stability of our communities; and enhance the lives of our employees; thereby creating value for our shareholders.
We have 35 strategically located offices primarily in the Midwest serving the greater Atlanta, Chicago, Cleveland, Denver, Des Moines, Detroit, Grand Rapids, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Milwaukee, Minneapolis and St. Louis metropolitan areas. Additionally, our specialty banking businesses serve clients from coast to coast.
|Total Assets Under Management and Administration||
*All numbers as of 9/30/16
- June: PrivateBancorp, Inc., announces it has entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by CIBC
- September: Opened Lincolnwood, Illinois office
- October: Completed underwritten public offerings of $75 million in common stock and $125 million in subordinated debt financing
- October and November: $244 million TARP repayment and warrant repurchase
- January: Received $244 million from the U.S. Department of the Treasury under the Capital Purchase Program
- May: Raised $217 million in new capital through underwritten common stock offering
- July: Assumed all non-brokered deposits and acquired certain assets of Founders Bank
- October: Raised $194 million in new capital through underwritten common stock offering
- Opened business development offices in Minneapolis, Cleveland, Des Moines and Denver
- May: Raised $143.75 million through Trust Preferred Offering
- June: Raised $166.1 million in new capital through issuance of common stock and sale of preferred stock
- September: Announced $140 million of senior and subordinated debt financing
- Launched Strategic Growth Plan and raised $200 million in private equity to fund plan
- Opened Kansas City, Missouri office
- Acquired The PrivateBank–Georgia
- Acquired The PrivateBank–Michigan
- Founded The PrivateBank–Wisconsin
- Opened a second Chicago office in the Gold Coast area
- Acquired Corley Financial and established The PrivateBank Mortgage Company
- Second Common Stock Offering of $57 million
- Opened Geneva, Illinois office
- Opened offices in St. Charles , Illinois and St. Louis, Missouri
- Acquired offices in Lake Forest and Winnetka, Illinois
- Completed $17 million initial public offering and began trading on the NASDAQ Stock Exchange under the ticker “PVTB”
- Opened Oak Brook, Illinois office
- Opened first office at 10 N. Dearborn in Chicago and began doing business as The PrivateBank
- Organized PrivateBancorp, Inc. as a Delaware corporation
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the formal name of The PrivateBank?
The name of the bank holding company is PrivateBancorp, Inc. The name of the bank is The PrivateBank and Trust Company. In general, legal notices regarding the bank or bank clients should be directed to The PrivateBank and Trust Company rather than PrivateBancorp, Inc.
Where is PrivateBancorp’s common stock listed?
Our common stock is listed on NASDAQ, under the symbol PVTB.
What is the ticker for PrivateBancorp’s Trust Preferred Securities?
Does PrivateBancorp pay a dividend?
To see a list of our historical dividends and stock splits, please see Dividends.
Where can I learn more about the history of PrivateBancorp?
See our timeline or refer to our public reports on file with the SEC.
What is PVTB’s cusip?
How can I receive alerts on PrivateBancorp?
To sign up for email alerts about our Events, Documents, Press Releases and closing stock price, please visit Email Notifications.
When was PrivateBancorp founded?
PrivateBancorp was founded in 1989.
Where are The PrivateBank's locations?
Please visit Find A Location.
How many employees does PrivateBancorp have?
As of September 30, 2016, PrivateBancorp had 1,292 full-time employees.
Where is PrivateBancorp’s headquarters?
120 South LaSalle Street, Chicago, Illinois, 60603
What are PrivateBancorp’s capital ratios?
For PrivateBancorp’s capital ratios and other financial metrics, please see our most recent Earnings Release on the Corporate Profile.
What is PrivateBancorp’s asset size?
PrivateBancorp had approximately $19.1 billion in assets as of September 30, 2016.
Who is the primary regulator of PrivateBancorp’s bank subsidiary?
PrivateBancorp, Inc.’s bank subsidiary is The PrivateBank and Trust Company. Its primary regulator is the FDIC.
How do I find out about employment opportunities at PrivateBancorp?
Please visit Careers at The PrivateBank to learn about job opportunities and how to apply.
Whom can I contact regarding Media Relations and/or Investor Relations?
For Media Relations or Communications questions, please contact Amy Yuhn at (312) 564-1378.
For Investor Relations questions, please contact Jeanette O’Loughlin at (312) 564-6076.
Who is the Transfer Agent for PrivateBancorp?
For shareholder questions, please contact:
Computershare Investor Services
P.O. Box 30170
College Station, Texas 77842-3170
United States of America
By Overnight Delivery:
Computershare Investor Services
211 Quality Circle, Suite 210
College Station, Texas 77845
120 South LaSalle Street
Chicago, Illinois 60603
Find A Location
Find nearby locations of The PrivateBank.