Our mission is to provide personal and commercial banking and private wealth services in the same way we always have – by building strong relationships, one client at a time. Our experienced professionals care about our clients and are thoughtful and creative in meeting your needs.
We have 33 strategically located offices primarily in the Midwest serving the greater Atlanta, Chicago, Cleveland, Denver, Des Moines, Detroit, Grand Rapids, Kansas City, Milwaukee, Minneapolis and St. Louis metropolitan areas. Additionally, our specialty banking businesses serve clients from coast to coast.
|Total Wealth Management Assets Under Management||
*All numbers as of 12/31/13
Organized PrivateBancorp, Inc. as a Delaware corporation
Opened first office at 10 N. Dearborn in Chicago and began doing business as The PrivateBank
Opened Oak Brook, IL office
Completed $17 million initial public offering and began trading on the NASDAQ Stock Exchange under the ticker “PVTB”
- Opened offices in St. Charles , IL and St. Louis, MO
- Acquired offices in Lake Forest and Winnetka, IL
Opened Geneva, IL office
Second Common Stock Offering of $57 million
Acquired Corley Financial and established The PrivateBank Mortgage Company
- Acquired The PrivateBank–Michigan
- Founded The PrivateBank–Wisconsin
- Opened a second Chicago office in the Gold Coast area
- Opened Kansas City, MO office
- Acquired The PrivateBank–Georgia
Launched Strategic Growth Plan and raised $200 million in private equity to fund plan
- Opened business development offices in Minneapolis, Cleveland, Des Moines and Denver
- May: Raised $143.75 million through Trust Preferred Offering
- June: Raised $166.1 million in new capital through issuance of common stock and sale of preferred stock
- September: Announced $140 million of senior and subordinated debt financing
- January: Received $244 million from the U.S. Department of the Treasury under the Capital Purchase Program
- May: Raised $217 million in new capital through underwritten common stock offering
- July: Assumed all non-brokered deposits and acquired certain assets of Founders Bank
- October: Raised $194 million in new capital through underwritten common stock offering
- October: Completed underwritten public offerings of $75 million in common stock and $125 million in subordinated debt financing
- October and November: $244 million TARP repayment and warrant repurchase
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is PrivateBancorp’s common stock listed?
Our common stock is listed on NASDAQ, under the symbol PVTB.
What is the ticker for PrivateBancorp’s Trust Preferred Securities?
Does PrivateBancorp pay a dividend?
To see a list of our historical dividends and stock splits, please visit our Dividends page.
Where can I learn more about the history of PrivateBancorp?
See our timeline or refer to our public reports on file with the SEC.
What is PVTB’s cusip?
How can I receive alerts on PrivateBancorp?
To sign up for email alerts about our Events, Documents, Press Releases and closing stock price, please visit our Email Notification page.
When was PrivateBancorp founded?
PrivateBancorp was founded in 1989.
- Where are The PrivateBank's locations?
How many employees does PrivateBancorp have?
As of December 31, 2013, PrivateBancorp had 1,116 full-time employees.
Where is PrivateBancorp’s headquarters?
120 South LaSalle Street, Chicago, IL, 60603
What are PrivateBancorp’s capital ratios?
For PrivateBancorp’s capital ratios and other financial metrics, please see our most recent Earnings Release on our Corporate Profile page.
What is PrivateBancorp’s asset size?
PrivateBancorp had approximately $14.1 billion in assets as of December 31, 2013.
Who is the primary regulator of PrivateBancorp’s bank subsidiary?
PrivateBancorp, Inc.’s bank subsidiary is The PrivateBank and Trust Company. Its primary regulator is the FDIC.
How do I find out about employment opportunities at PrivateBancorp?
Please visit the Careers at The PrivateBank page to learn about job opportunities and how to apply.
Whom can I contact regarding Media Relations and/or Investor Relations?
For Media Relations or Communications questions, please contact Amy Yuhn at (312) 564-1378.
For Investor Relations questions, please contact Sarah Lewensohn at (312) 564-3894.
Who is the Transfer Agent for PrivateBancorp?
For shareholder questions, please contact:
Computershare Investor Services
P.O. Box 43078
Providence, RI 02940-3078
United States of America
By Overnight Delivery:
Computershare Investor Services
250 Royall Street
Canton, MA 02021
120 South LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60603
Find A Location
Find nearby locations of The PrivateBank.